Monday, October 8, 2007

The Four Reasons I'm excited for this blog.

1. Blogs are the new best way to get fired.
Take a gander at this story and the actual blog that accompanies it. That there pretty young thing is gonna be a writer some day, and getting fired from her job because of shit-talking her boss probably just helped. She's got a book she wants to publish. Adorable, right? Let me guess. Kitten mystery? It involves unicorns in some way? I hate you. And stop posting coded messages in Gaelic or Farsi or whatever to your baby-daddy stationed overseas. Not cute.

2. I've been reading a lot of books lately, and they don't have that much embedded video.
Observe.


2a* For bonus laughs, be sure to watch the video of Christian "The Nigerian Nightmare" Okoye breaking no less than 175 tackles on his way into the end zone.

3. My daily conversations now are pretty much free of references to Quatman's.
Like when I scratch my name into the window of the subway with my keys, no one comes along and adds "Remember that time you made Ian pay for your burger [and were justified in doing so]?"

4. My life is empty.
That one's more sad than funny. Also I work nights.


4 comments:

Dav said...

Nothing is more amazing to me the evolution of video gaming. Remember how fixated and impressed we were for Tecmo Bowl? They had actual players! They had actual plays! It was so realstic! Tecmo Bowl was released in 1989. I just looked it up.

Going from Tecmo Bowl to the Madden/Bill Walsh level on Sega was a drastic step up. But think about how much things have changed from NES to XBOX 360. It's amazing.

Dav said...

By the way, I can't wait for the tag 'Hot Bloggers' to be applied to my next photo journal.

Dav said...

Speaking of profiles and pictures, beware the MySpace photo beauty...

http://www.officialdatingresource.com/dating/beware-the-dreaded-myspace-angles-pics/

Hampton, Matthew A said...

Holy God, Dav. That is a terrifying resource you've found, there.