Tuesday, January 29, 2008

This Is Why You Don't have A Week Off Before The Game.

From ESPN's Media Day blog:

"In the quest to find the inner Belichick, the Pats coach was asked to tick off a series of favorites. For the record, the winning TV show is Planet Earth and movie is Gone With the Wind -- though he quickly amended that to Bourne Identity."

1) Why do I care what Belichick's favorite movie is?

2) He said Gone With the Wind "— though he quickly amended that to Bourne Identity." SERIOUSLY? From a sweeping civil war era-epic romance starring two screen icons...to a Matt Damon vehicle with that weird-looking chick from Run Lola Run? I honestly thought the man was a genius, now I'm just puzzled. This is like the football equivalent of hearing Patton say his favorite movie is Lawrence of Arabia, then switching and saying he actually likes Meatballs.

EDIT: I realize that by using his favorite movie to analyze his genius makes point 1 seem irrelevant, but I'm sticking with my original layout.

EDIT 2: What are the odds that Simmons makes a similar mention of the Gone With the Wind-Bourne Identity issue in his next mailbag/column? 4-1? 3-1?

2 comments:

Flip said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Flip said...

don't you dare lessen the value of Meatballs. Meatballs 2 I can see, but never again diminish a work of art like meatballs.....