Sunday, October 14, 2007

I just want to be the one who posts this.

If the college football season ended today, Ohio State would play South Florida for the National Championship.

At this point, niether man nor god could convince me that the universe has not gone completely batshit insane.

Having said that, I'm totally in favor of South Florida running the table and getting a shot at the title. I love the idea that a decade-old program could have the ultimate success the same year that the most storied program in the history of the sport is having a historically abysmal season (no offense, Michael).

Anyone else want to see the Golden Calves win all the titty beads?

3 comments:

Hampton, Matthew A said...

DOUBLE NEGATIVE!

Dav said...

This could be the season that ruins the BCS.

USF will lose this week at Rutgers or at Cincinnati

OSU will lose, most likely at the Big House.

BC will lose, probably to Va Tech.

In all honesty, I'm in favor of the Commish of the SEC to secede from the BCS. State that the SEC is the preimer college football conference and they will no longer be a part of this silliness. That would show Jim Delaney.

Phil said...

Unfortunately, I don't see OSU losing before a bowl game. Their defense is all kinds of legit, and it is abundantly clear that Tressel can out-gameplan and out-coach Lloyd Carr. I think all the other undefeateds will lose at some point. That leaves LSU back in the driver's seat. The really, really fun team to look out for is The Old Ball Coach's USC Gamecocks. I suspect they will get beat by Flordia, though, so that is more a pipe dream. Florida then beats LSU in an SEC title game rematch. That leaves the BCS championship......

OSU vs. Oklahoma. Oklahoma wins.

That's how I see it on October 15th.